Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Advocacy Project: Healthy People/THOMAS

Healthy People 2020

Outdoor Air Quality 

Objective- Increase use of alternative modes of transportation for work  (EH-2)

Sub-Objective- Trips made by bicycling (EH-2.1)

Target- 0.6%

Baseline- 0.5% of trips were made to work via bicycle in 2008. 

THOMAS

H.R.2609


Sponsor: Rep Cohen, Steve [TN-9] (introduced 7/21/2011)   

Cosponsors: (2) Rep Blymenauer, Earl [OR-3] and Rep Connolly, Gerald. E [VA-11] 

Latest Major Action: 7/22/2011 Referred to House subcommittee. Status- Referred to the Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials. 

Recommendation: Vote Yes to Enhancing Livability for All Americans Act of 2011

My Political Representatives

1 comment:

  1. It is really nice when places have good trails for walking and biking to give people additional options. I admire the brave people who ride bike through most of winter. My risk tolerance is not that high! Certainly having a safe place to keep your bike is also very helpful.

    I know our buses here in Duluth have the bus racks for bikes. I just learned they have training classes in the spring. A good thing.I'm sure it's easy but I'd rather go into using it with confidence the first time I went to use it rather than try to figure out potentially holding up the bus.

    ReplyDelete