Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Share & Voice: Pictures from Switzerland

I have had the opportunity to travel to many different places around the world through hockey. I play on the National Team (Canada) and we travel a lot for different tournaments. I have been to places like Finland, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, many places in the U.S and in Canada. What inspired this blog is the fact that I am currently in Sweden for the 4 Nations Cup Tournament and decided I wanted to share some pictures from when I was in Switzerland back in March. When I was packing for that trip I thought winter clothes because there was still snow in the ground in Duluth when I left. Turns out it was pretty much summer in Switzerland. It was absolutely beautiful and very hot out....to the point that I got burnt one day! Here are some pictures of the pictures from Switzerland.





This is a picture of Rhine Falls in Switzerland. On one of our days off they took us to see these falls and they were beautiful. We climbed to the top where there is a look out, and to see the power of the water was amazing. 









This is a picture of a cave that we walked through to get to the bottom of Rhine Falls. It was a really cool cave and I enjoyed the feeling I got from the natural rock and natural environment from being at the falls that day.







Here I am in Zurich. We went sight seeing one day and found this amazing view! You can look down the the Limmat River and what a beautiful day and scene it was. Where I am standing, there was a beautiful park with the greenest grass and life size chess games everywhere. The pieces for the game were almost as tall as us and it seemed like the locals would meet there to play some friendly matches against each other. 






Here are some of the building in Switzerland. I really love the atmosphere in Europe. Switzerland had some really beautiful buildings and the architect in Europe is like no where else. 









This is a picture I took one day when I was walking. As you can see the spaces between the buildings is very small as I can reach my arms across and touch both buildings. The roads in Europe are usually very narrow and barely enough room for two cars. I love the brick roads in Europe and the atmosphere it creates.





Here is the last picture I want to share with you. Yes, that is a real car! We walked by it and I was so intrigued. We checked it out and peeked inside. It is an electric car that can seat two people including the driver. The passenger seat faces out the back window! One thing I notice in Europe is that there are no big SUV's like there are in North America. Many people take public transportation or bike. There were tons of bikes everywhere I went and what I noticed in Switzerland is that most of the bikes were not locked up.




I hope you enjoyed the pictures from my trip to Switzerland. I have been there twice. The first time the Swiss Alps were very close, opening our blinds in the morning and looking out at the mountains is breath taking. The second time I was in Zurich, which is where the pictures are from. Each time I saw a different aspect of Switzerland and I love it. I would recommend it as a destination for those that like to travel. 

3 comments:

  1. VERY COOL! Thank you for sharing!

    I hope to go to Europe some day. The buildings in your picture are REALLY intriguing.

    The tunnel... That looks really short? did you walk or crawl through??

    I SO want to ride in the car! That would feel weird having the car frame so close on both sides. It looks cool and funky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved looking at your pictures!! It looks like you are having an amazing time! The car is very interesting...it doesn't look big enough for two people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Makes me want to go there :)

    By the way...just thought I would let you know that I wasn't able to comment on your Advocacy Project about the bill you chose.

    ReplyDelete